Monday, August 20, 2012

Peach Cheesecake Wontons

Boy do I have a treat for you guys today!

Yesterday I made southwestern chicken wraps with avocado ranch sauce, found here, with a simpler dip (1 part avocado, 2 parts ranch, with a pinch of dried cilantro). They were totally delicious and a very filling vegetarian meal. I may have stuffed them a little full, because I ended up with quite a few eggroll wrappers left over. I had planned on making a cream cheese peach tart for dessert, but had a stroke of genius! I will make a peach cheesecake eggroll to get rid of my aging peaches and leftover wrappers! After ten minutes of research, the only recipes I could find were fried in a deep fat fryer, which I do not have. So I had no choice but to get a little creative. The results were fantastic!


4 oz (1/2 a brick) of cream cheese
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1  teaspoon cinnamon
1 pitted, peeled, and diced peach
Cooking spray
2 egg roll wrappers
Pinch of both cinnamon and sugar

Mix the first 4 ingredients until smooth using a whisk in a small bowl. Add the diced peach and mix until combined. Spray two cups of a jumbo muffin tin (3 1/2 inches wide) with cooking spray. Place an eggroll in each and push down slightly to make a bowl shape, overlapping the roll over the edge on all sides. Divide the peach mix into the two wrappers and fold the wrapper over to completely cover the tops. Lightly spray tops of folded wrappers. Sprinkle with remaining "pinches" of cinnamon and vanilla (I used Penzyes vanilla sugar). Cook at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes. Let sit for a few minutes before removing from tin. Serve hot over ice cream with caramel drizzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment