Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Painting the Eat-in Counter

As I mentioned before, we moved into our first house in late September. It is a fairly new house (2009) so there aren't really any necessary or large home improvement projects, only work that makes our house our home, not just a place we live in. The house is full of our stuff, but sometimes I still feel like it isn't really our house because there are signs of the previous owners. One of these areas is the kitchen eat-in counter.


The color isn't my favorite and it has dings and scratches from where their baby's highchair sat.


So, I took some green paint I found in the garage, leftover from the wall behind the fireplace when the house was built, and got to work. The project took about three hours to tape and paint (two coats). The only cost was a new paint roller pad, about $3.00. 


So what do you think of the change? I don't think it matches the counters very well, and I know we need to get bar height stools, but it is now MY counter, not one belonging to the family who lived here before us.

No comments:

Post a Comment